For a different twist on brownies adding lentils will provide moisture and fiber, creating a healthier more decadent treat.
2 cups cooked black lentils
2/3 cup butter or coconut butter
½ cup sugar
2/3 cup milk chocolate chips
½ cup cocoa powder
½ cup applesauce
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp baking powder
½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Beat the butter or coconut butter with the whole cane sugar until fluffy.
- In a food processor puree the lentils, chocolate chips, applesauce, and vanilla extract and add to butter/sugar mix.
- Add in coco powder, baking powder and salt.
- Blend well combined. Stir in walnuts if desired.
- Line and 9 x 13 pan with parchment paper. Spoon in batter and bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool before cutting.