The Marion Institute is building a movement. We engage individuals and communities in a bioregulatory approach to whole body health. We educate and empower by supporting, connecting and applying the science of self-healing. We believe optimal health is a basic human right, not a privilege.
WHAT WE DO:
- With leading practitioners in the field of bioregulatory medicine, we support the development and instruction of professional certifications, ongoing research and dissemination of knowledge;
- Educate the public with innovative approaches, assessments and therapies to health and wellness that treat and balance regulatory systems within the body, treating people rather than the symptoms of disease;
- Propagate a culture of health based on knowledge, accessibility and equity;
- Promote access to this care through financial assistance, with efforts to transform healthcare insurance coverage in the future;
- Serve as the fiscal sponsor for our Greenhouse Initiatives which further expand our vision of community health, environmental resilience and social justice.
The Bioregulatory Medicine Programs – the BioMed Network and Bioregulatory Medicine Institute– are pioneering the movement to bring bioregulatory medicine into the mainstream. Bioregulatory medicine provides the best understanding of the principles and causes of disease by identifying the process and root cause by which the body reacts to chemical, physical, or emotional stress. By focusing on the process and not the disease, this medicine is able to support the individual and the body in its intrinsic capacity and potential to self-heal.
Our commitment to Southcoast Massachusetts runs deep. Grow Southcoast‘s programs – Grow Education and Grow Health – focus on educating the community and engaging underserved populations with a goal of a healthier Southcoast. From local farms and our school-based community gardens to nutritional awareness and educational outreach in school cafeterias and in the community, these programs work to inspire and influence greater quality health throughout the region.
The Connector Series brings thought leaders from around the world to the south coast of Massachusetts to help share ideas and connect with audiences who have a thirst for knowledge and a passion for positive change. To increase the impact of these cultural and educational events, we frequently collaborate with like-minded organizations to engage and inspire new audiences with innovative events that encourage dialogue and interaction with the speaker and with one another.
Greenhouse Initiatives – The Marion Institute also functions as a fiscal sponsor for a range of smaller organizations-our Greenhouse Initiatives-who are working toward their charitable certification or are in need of administrative support and guidance.
“The Marion Institute provides support and insight to emerging initiatives that make a profound difference in the world. Their work does not show up at the head of the parade, but it is often the reason there is a parade at all.”
-Paul Hawken, environmentalist, entrepreneur, author