Buy it, use it, trash it, repeat. In our culture, one time use, is a reoccurring theme in products. This behavior produces extra trash, is wasteful, bad for the environment, and costly. So next time instead of buying or using a disposable product, instead try using something a little more eco-friendly. In order to help you out, I’ve complied a list of some common disposable products, an eco-friendly alternatives. Let us know what you think.
- Paper towels – towels, old rags
- Tissues – handkerchief
- Disposable razor – straight razor with resharpen-able blade, or electric razor
- Batteries – re-chargeable batteries. Its easy to recondition batteries at home too.
- Plastic/paper plates and utensils – regular plates
- Ballpoint pens – refillable pens
- Diapers – cloth diapers
- Plastic shopping bags – cloth shopping bags
It’s important to remember that we only have one world and limited resources so if we continue to be wasteful and harmful to the environment, our children and our children’s children won’t be able to live a happy life. By making the effort to live greener you can do your bit and keep our future safe.
Also for more information on this topic visit http://ecosimply.com/avoiding-disposable-products-what-are-the-alternatives-993.html and http://blog.ecycler.com/2010/09/03/reduce-reuse-recycle/