Become a Greenhouse Initiative
THE SUPPORT YOU NEED TO CHANGE THE WORLD.
With over 25 years of experience nurturing non-profits around the world, the Marion Institute is the perfect home for organizations that need a cost-effective way to expand the impact of their work. For all of our Greenhouse Initiatives, we offer donation processing, administrative backing, and a range support services. For overseas initiatives, this provides access to tax deductible donations from American sources, a tax advantage not available in many other countries. We provide a way for project leaders to focus wholeheartedly on implementation of their ideas while we manage the technical details. In every case, it means being able to hone the focus and expand the impact of the work being done, wherever they are operating in the world.
Download our Greenhouse Initiatives Fact Sheet for more information on becoming a Greenhouse Initiative.
What kind of organization will benefit from partnering as a Greenhouse Initiative?
- Organizations aligned with the Marion Institute’s mission of positive social change.
- Leader-driven projects with an existing funding base, particularly overseas groups that need a US charity for donation and tax purposes.
- Organizations that are too small to support 501(c)(3) status.
- Organizations that are larger but don’t want to have 501(c)(3) status.
- Organizations needing an interim home in transition to 501(c)(3) status.
- Short-term projects that only need 501(c)(3) status for a limited time and will complete their work with that timeframe.
- Groups forming new nonprofits, coalitions and networks.
- Established nonprofits seeking back office support services to reduce administrative costs and overhead.
HELPING OTHERS FLOURISH
The Marion Institute acts as an umbrella organization for its Greenhouse Initiatives and programs promoting and supporting individual project leaders and organizations who are on the ground working to enhance life for the earth and its inhabitants. Please take a few minutes and read through our diverse array of Greenhouse Initiatives.
We often look to our members as one source for identifying and supporting new initiatives. The notion of the “Serendipity Project,” which are referred to a “Greenhouse Initiative” was first established as a means of fundraising for Board Member-sponsored projects, through the aid of the Marion Institute’s 501c3 status. Today, we have the ability to offer this same form of sponsorship to projects that we feel identify and promote programs that seek to enhance life for the earth and its inhabitants. This unique relationship allows us to not only accept tax-deductible gifts on behalf of a particular project, but more importantly, can help strengthen a project’s mission. For more information, contact Executive Director Liz Wiley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 508-748-0816 x 116.
Support Services Offered
501(c)(3) Fiscal Sponsorship
Human Resources Services
Liability Insurance Administration
*may be outsourced
“When there were few who believed in what we were doing, the Marion Institute always stood by me. The Marion Institute helped raise financial support and awareness…every tree needs water at its roots.”
Wangari Maathai, Nobel Laureate, Green Belt Movement