Nouvelle Planète works with local communities and organizations in Africa, Asia and South America, in countries such as Peru [Amazonian forest], Vietnam, India, Burkina Faso and Madagascar. It supports concrete projects run by dynamic partners, without governmental intermediaries.
Click here to view a brief documentary titled “Woodstock in the Amazon” narrated by Jeremy Narby. This clip focuses on Peruvian Amazonian culture, tradition and the importance of songs to tell the stories of the past and carry on traditions to the next generation.
1. Strict political, economic and religious neutrality.
2. Light and efficient administration.
3. Use of competent and motivated volunteers [young people, retired professionals, etc.]
4. Direct actions with local inhabitants in poor countries, in particular with women’s groups, in agriculture, handicrafts, appropriate technology, health, education, land ownership, etc.
5. Solitary twinnings at the grassroots level between villages, groups, professions, schools and families of the North and the South.
6. Nouvelle Planète groups together thirty movements, small foundations and associations such as the “Albert Schweizer Ecological Centre” in Neuchatel, Ouagadougou and Tananarive, “Women without Frontiers”, “International Dental Aid”, etc.
“Since 1999, the Marion Institute has been empowering my work to empower the indigenous people of the Amazon in their struggle to preserve their territories and their cultures. The Marion Institute’s backing has been generous, regular, and wise. I could not dream of a better benefactor, and I do my best to live up to this trust. The Marion Institute has taken my work as an activist to a new level, and has given me wings.”
— Jeremy Narby
c/o Marion Institute
202 Spring St.
Marion, MA 02738
Nouvelle Planete Project Leader
In addition to highlighting the work of Nouvelle Planete, we feel it is critical to help people get more involved, to take real action – to get connected. Here are some simple things you can do to help create deep and positive change around this issue.
“Cosmic Serpent” author/theorist Jeremy Narby on what we know
These four reference materials are essential to learning more about this issue, including the recent news release from the desk of Jeremy Narby, Nouvelle Planete Project Leader.