As parents we have a responsibility to take the best care of our children. I know parenting is a tough job, probably the toughest job out there. I want to give you some tips to help you to keep your kids healthy in this fast-paced, ever-changing world. We just need to re-discover the basics and a great place to start is with kids videos. Here are the five ways to keep our kids healthy:
- Eat real food. Our bodies are hardwired to eat real, nutrient-dense food from the earth. The closer it is to coming right out of the earth, the more nutrient-dense the food is and the healthier it is for us. Let’s feed our children from the earth, not from a package.
- Avoid the toxins. Our foods are filled with chemicals such as herbicides, insecticides, antibiotics, food dyes, additives, preservatives. These synthetic chemicals increase the toxic load in our bodies and our kid’s ability to handle a high amount of toxins from our food and our environment is a lot lower than a fully mature adult. If our bodies are unable to effectively move these toxins out, then the body puts the toxins into storage in various tissues, which can affect the function of different systems in the body. I suggest to eat organic foods as much as possible, in order to decrease the toxic exposures in our children.
- Fuel up on water. Seventy percent of your body is water. Let’s refuel, replenish, rehydrate on what our body is designed to use as a fuel. This is water not juice or soda. I suggest that kids drink filtered water, as tap water has chlorine and chlorine kills the healthy microbes in your digestive tract which are supporting good overall health.
- Eat building blocks. No, I’m not talking about eating toys, I’m talking about the blocking blocks of the human body. We need carbohydrates to make energy in all of our cells, which come from our fruits and vegetables. We need proteins to form our bones and muscles which come from our animal meats, nuts, seeds, beans or legumes. We need healthy fats to form cell membranes and the nervous system, which come from avocados, coconut oil, chia seeds, hemp hearts.
- Play outside in the dirt. To keep our kids healthy, they need fresh air, they need to play in the dirt to build up their immune system and they need to stay active. We need to encourage playing, as unstructured play encourages creativity.
Let’s give our kids the health advantage by prioritizing keeping our kids healthy.
Dr. Melina Roberts (@drmelinaroberts) is a Naturopathic Doctor, Author of Building a Healthy Child and Clinic Director of Advanced Naturopathic Medical Centre in Calgary. She is a leading authority in the field of naturopathic medicine specializing in European Biological Medicine effectively treating digestive issues, chronic disease and cancer.
Dr. Melina Roberts has developed a revolutionary plan that teaches parents how to introduce foods in a way that decreases digestive disturbances, prevents common childhood ailments and builds a solid foundation for long-term health. When you buy her book “Building a Healthy Child” she will send you three FREE bonuses. Learn more at www.advancednaturopathic.com/building-a-healthy-child/.