Dr. Hennie Fitzpatrick from the BioMed Center New England hosted a “virtual holistic house call” with the Marion Institute each Thursday at 9am in April and May of 2020.
In addition to answering viewer-submitted questions about health care in the time of COVID-19, in May, the programming expanded to include a brief overviews of key topics in holistic health care, such as detoxing the body, hormone health and biological dentistry.
Below are the audio recordings of each session, as well as summary notes and resources mentioned during the session.
RESOURCES & RECORDINGS
- Probiotic and Prebiotic Foods
- Pediatrics: Infants and Probiotics
- Building a Better Smoothie
- Health Benefit of Nuts: “Nuts provide a balance of fats and protein and it is important to pay attention to serving size. Nuts can be roasted and flavored, if you prefer, but stick with 1/4 to a 1/3 cup serving of nuts. You can also add pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chocolate chips, raisins, dried cranberries, and shredded coconut shavings.” – Dr. Hennie
- Breathing Techniques to Soothe the Soul
- Strategies for Transforming Stress
- Recommended Manufacturers of Children’s Supplements
- Gaia Herbs
- Creekside Natural Therapeutics
- Ortho Molecular Products (Springboard Kids line of supplements): D-Hist Jr., which provides optimal support for nasal and sinus passageways and includes Quercetin
- GUNA (Homeopathics, GUNA-Allergy, GUNA-Virus, Cytokines…*Dr. Hennie suggests the best thing is to call the BioMed Center New England for suggestions for which GUNA product to take for your specific needs – 833.824.6633)
April 16, 2020 Session
- Audio Recording
- The 5R Framework for Gut Restoration
- Eat Better Feel Better: Fermented Foods for Gut Health
- What is Fiber?
- Food Sources: Dietary Fiber
- Phytonutrient Spectrum – Elimination Diet Foods
- Phytonutrient Spectrum – “Rainbow Diet” – Comprehensive Guide
- Phytonutrient Spectrum Foods
- Phytonutrient Spectrum Checklist
- Eating the Spectrum: Rainbow Diet Recipes
- Breathing Techniques
- Mindful Breathing
- “GMOs, Glyphosate & Gut Health”, Rich Roll podcast with Zach Bush, MD, a triple board certified physician specializing in Internal Medicine, Endocrinology and Metabolism, as well as in Hospice and Palliative care.
- Extensive research findings on the effects of glyphosate from Stephanie Seneff, PhD. You can also access a synopsis of her findings in this video, Stephanie Seneff, PhD on Glyphosate RoundUp Poisoning.
- Recipe: Alison Roman’s Buttered Turmeric Rice w/ Crushed Almonds & Herbs
April 30, 2020 Session
- Audio Recording
- Summary of COVID-19 Testing
- Assessment of Accuracy, Analytical, and Clinical Validity of Lab Testing
- Hand Sanitizers: EWG VERIFIED™ Database (all Personal Care Products, inc. hand soap)
- VIDEO: “Too much hand sanitizer can be dangerous, especially around flames” (Below)
May 14, 2020 Session
Topic: Adrenal System & Hormones
- Audio Recording
- Importance of the Adrenal System
- Vitamin C and Adrenal Function
- Basic Approach to Nutritional Supplementation
- Phytonutrient Spectrum
- Detox Support
- Signs of Hormonal Imbalance
- Basic Plan for Managing Menopausal Symptoms
- Hypocortisolism Exhaustion
- Dr Hennie’s recommendations for compounding pharmacies (for wild yam, etc.)
Compounding Pharmacies require prescriptions but these two websites have good information:>> Women’s International has been around since 1975 and is a leader in the field — Info@womensinternational.com>> Wellness Pharmacy — Info@wellnesspharmacy.com
May 28, 2020 Session
Topic: Biological Dentistry
- Native Diet vs. Modern Diet
- Book- the studies of Dr. Weston A. Price, DDS.
An epic study demonstrating the importance of whole food nutrition, and the degeneration and destruction that comes from a diet of processed foods.
- Dr. Sylvia’s Toothpaste Recommendations:
About the BioMed Center New England
At the BioMed Center, medicine and dentistry are brought together in a comprehensive whole-body approach that offers new insight and pathways towards better overall health for you and your family. Examinations, assessments and treatments combined with advanced technologies incorporate modern medical and dental approaches that are safe, effective and sustainable. All of our efforts are focused on helping you achieve your optimal health goals.
Monday/Wednesday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday/Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
The BioMed Center of New England
111 Chestnut Street
Providence, RI 02903