Admin/Data Entry Assistant
Marion Institute | Job Description
Founded in 1993, The Marion Institute is a non-profit that works to address the root cause of sustainability and social justice issues. Located in Marion, Massachusetts, the Marion Institute programs seek to create deep, lasting and positive change at both a local and global level. See more at www.marioninstitute.org.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Database Management and Reporting
- Maintain Raiser’s Edge database for the Marion Institute and all programs and projects under the organization’s fiscal sponsorship.
- Continually update and correct database records.
- Process donations and prepare tax acknowledgement/thank you letters and other correspondence.
- File donations/acknowledgements physically and digitally.
- Prepare timely reporting to Program & Development Director and program leaders.
- Coordinate productions and mailings of all appeals and correspondence.
- Reconcile income with Director of Finance & Operations on a monthly basis.
- Enter donor and event participant information from Classy.org (online fundraising platform) into Raiser’s Edge database.
- Enter donor information into e-newsletter system (MailChimp).
- Enter grant related information into database.
- Handle administrative details associated with event registration, including but not limited to creating Classy.org registration page, maintaining guest lists, and reporting on attendance.
- Attend evening/weekend events, when necessary.
- Create and maintain Classy.org campaign pages for the Marion Institute’s programs and projects under the organization’s fiscal sponsorship. (General donation pages, special appeals, event registration, etc.).
- Assist Greenhouse Initiative leaders in utilizing Classy.org.
- Assist Program & Development Director with additional duties, as assigned.
- Assist with office related duties (including kitchen, recycling, etc.).
- Attend weekly team meetings, as needed.
- Database management experience desired, but not required – Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel with specific experience with Mail Merge functions.
- Extremely detail-oriented.
- Participate as a team player, contributing a collaborative, flexible, reliable, creative, and dedicated work ethic.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Highly skilled, confident, outgoing, courteous, and professional in all written and verbal communications.
- Able to learn new skills quickly and work in diverse environments.
- Occasional evening and weekend work required, as well as ability to travel by personal automobile to events and meetings.
This position reports to the Program & Development Director.
How to apply
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Abigail Smith, HR Manager
202 Spring Street
Marion, MA 02738
Please call Abigail Smith with any questions at 508-748-0816, dial 0.
The Marion Institute provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, military status, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Part-time 10hrs/week, potential for additional hours on a seasonal basis.
SALARY: Competitive nonprofit salary, commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 1, 2017. We are looking to fill this position immediately and encourage you to apply before the deadline.